- 149 High Road Essex G10 4LZ England
- 081 5023951
Antique Furniture Porcelain Ceramics Glass Art Deco and Nouveau Pictures Wines Jewellery Silver and Plate Cards and Books Clocks Barometers Gold
Established in the late 19th century by local businessman John Ambrose and his son Jethro, the company provided a diverse range of services from Estate Agency, Auctioneers, Drapery and Grocery as well as holding an off-licence. The first recorded auction took place in Forest Road in 1878.
The Company was run independently until the late 1980’s when it was purchased by Black Horse Agencies. Further corporate ownership followed under the Bradford and Bingley until October 2000 when a management buyout formed one of the largest independent auction houses in the UK.